A proper quantity of cooked white rice
600g ground mutton (you could use hamburger meat instead)
2 cans of tomato sauce/ 1 kg fresh tomatoes
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
50g pine kernels
- Finely chop the onions.
- Mix the chopped onions with the meat along and season them with salt and pepper.
- Knead well and make balls in the size of a nut.
- Dig each ball with your finger and stuff in few pine kernels in and close it.
- Brown the balls in half of the buter and place them in a greased baking dish.
- Cover with tomato sauce (if it’s canned tomato the dilute it with 1 and 1/2 glass of water).
- Cook it for about 25 minutes at medium high heat.
- Turn over each one of the balls after half the time.
- Serve hot on white rice.